Tapping Courage Wellness, LLC
Christine Penner Polle, EFT/Tapping Facilitator
Lose the Cravings Tapping Challenge
Release & Participation Agreement
Thank you for participating in the Lose the Cravings Tapping Challenge (the “Event”) sponsored by Tapping Courage Wellness, LLC and facilitated by Christine Penner Polle (the “Facilitator”). This Agreement contains important information Tapping Courage Wellness, LLC needs to share with you and for you to understand. By participating in the Event, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- The Event is designed to empower participants with educational materials, resources, and support to help them reduce food cravings, make peace with their bodies and enjoy healthy foods. The focus of the Event is to assist participants in releasing negative thoughts and limiting beliefs that may be interfering with their ability to make healthy food choices.
- The information presented during the Event, including ideas, suggestions, techniques, trainings, activities, lists, handouts, recipes, scripts, videos, instructions, and other materials (collectively the “Materials”) is educational in nature and is provided only as general information and is not medical, psychological, or nutritional advice, diagnosis, or treatment. You understand that the Event is presented via email and on the Event’s private Facebook page and generally consists of Facilitator trainings and group sharing of experiences by participants.
- By participating in the Event, you understand that you will be learning about and using an innovative energy-based coaching and self-help technique called Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) or Tapping. EFT looks at and seeks to address stressors and imbalances within an individual’s energy system, as well as the energetic influence of thoughts, beliefs, and emotions on the body. The prevailing premise of EFT is that the cause of all negative emotions is a disruption in the body’s energy system. It is believed that EFT helps clear these disruptions, thereby restoring the flow and balance of the body’s electromagnetic and more subtle energies which are important for overall health, and for fostering well-being. EFT uses the ancient Chinese meridian system with a gentle tapping procedure which stimulates designated meridian end points on the face and body while saying specific phrases and focusing on an issue in order to release and reframe the issue.
- Although EFT appears to have promising health benefits and there is a growing amount of valid scientific research indicating that EFT is an effective evidence-supported technique, especially for managing stress, EFT has yet to be fully accepted by the mainstream Western academic, medical, and psychological communities. Therefore, EFT is currently not officially identified as an evidence-based technique and may be considered experimental. Since EFT is a relatively new approach and the extent of its effectiveness, as well as its risks and benefits, are not fully known, you agree to assume and accept full responsibility for any and all risks associated with participating in the Event.
- While the Facilitator is a retired Registered Nurse, you understand that she is only providing her services as the Facilitator of the Event. Therefore, you understand that participating in the Event does not create a nurse-patient relationship between you and the Facilitator and should not be relied upon medical advice of any kind or nature whatsoever. You understand the Event is solely an experiential educational program and is not to be considered treatment for any medical problem, psychological disorder, or nutritional issue, nor is the Event a substitute for medical, psychological, or nutritional services.
- You understand that any information presented in the Event is not intended to represent that it is to be used to diagnose, cure, or treat any medical condition, psychological disorder, or nutritional issue. Further, you understand the Event is not intended to be a substitute for seeking professional licensed health care advice or services and is intended solely for your own personal, non-commercial home use as an educational self-help program. In addition, you understand participating in Event is not to be considered a recommendation that you stop seeing any of your licensed health care professionals or using prescribed medication, if any, without consulting with your licensed health care professional, even if after participating in the Event it appears and indicates that such medication or treatment is unnecessary.
- Although people report having positive experiences participating in the Event, please be advised it’s possible to experience emotional distress or physical discomfort which could be perceived as negative. It’s also possible to experience some emotional distress and/or physical discomfort related to stressful or upsetting experiences you may have had earlier in your life. If you inadvertently experience any emotional distress or physical discomfort participating in the Event, you are advised to notify the Facilitator and to seek the services of an appropriate health care professional.
- Due to the fact that the Event includes group processes such as participants posting on the Event’s private Facebook page, in which you may voluntarily reveal personal information, you understand that you waive your rights of privacy and confidentiality with respect to other individuals participating in the Event with you. Also, you agree to keep private and confidential any personal information shared by other individuals participating in the Event with you.
- Because of the experimental nature of the Event, you agree and understand that Tapping Courage Wellness, LLC cannot provide any guarantees or predictions regarding the outcome or the results you may experience from participating in the Event, including losing food cravings. Further, you agree and understand that Tapping Wellness Courage, LLC accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever for the use or misuse of the Event. Tapping Courage Wellness, LLC strongly advises that you seek professional advice as appropriate before making any health decision, including participating in the Event.
- The Materials presented during the Event and any other content made available during the Event are owned by Tapping Courage Wellness, LLC and are protected by intellectual property and copyright laws. While as a participant in the Event, you may print a copy of the PDF documents such as recipes for your own personal use, you may not duplicate, screen grab, modify, post on Facebook or other social media sites, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, create derivative works from, distribute, display, or reproduce, or in any way exploit in any format whatsoever any of the Materials, including videos, or any other content presented in the Event without written permission from Tapping Courage Wellness, LLC.
- You represent that you are competent and able to understand the nature and consequences of participating in the Event and that you are an adult under the laws of the province or state of your residence. Further, you acknowledge that you have carefully and completely read and fully understand all aspects of this Agreement. You agree and understand this Agreement is intended to be a complete unconditional release of liability and assumption of risk to the greatest extent permitted by law.
By participating in the Event, you knowingly, voluntarily, and intelligently assume all risks, including any adverse outcome that might result from your participation in the Event. For good and valuable consideration, the receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, you, your heir(s), and legal representative(s) agree to forever fully release, indemnify, and hold harmless, Tapping Courage Wellness, LLC, its owner(s), member(s), employees, representatives, agents, independent contractors, consultants, volunteers and others associated with Tapping Courage Wellness, LLC from any and all claims or liability of whatsoever kind or nature, and for any damage or injury, including but not limited to, financial, legal, personal, emotional, psychological, physical, medical, or otherwise, which you may incur arising at any time as a result of your voluntary decision to participate in the Event.
Tapping Courage Wellness, LLC, Lose the Cravings Tapping Challenge Event Participation Agreement, 2021