Climate of Joy
Christine Penner Polle, Spiritual Coach & EFT/Tapping Facilitator
Release & Participation Agreement
Thank you for participating in my Online Course (the “Course”) facilitated by Christine Penner Polle , doing business as Climate of Joy (the “Facilitator”). This Agreement contains important information the Facilitator needs to share with you and for you to understand. By participating in the Course, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- The Course is designed to empower participants with educational materials, resources, and support to help them end self-sabotaging patterns, resolve spiritual wounds, and increase their trust in their inner guidance/intuition.
- The information presented during the Course, including ideas, suggestions, techniques, trainings, activities, lists, handouts, emails, recipes, scripts, videos, Toolkit eBook, instructions, and other materials (collectively the “Materials”) is educational in nature and is provided only as general information and is not medical, psychological, or nutritional advice, diagnosis, or treatment. You understand that the Course is a 4-week program presented online via pre-recorded Zoom video meetings, by email, and on the Climate of Joy private Facebook page and generally consists of recorded Facilitator trainings and group sharing of experiences by participants.
- By participating in the Course, you understand that you will be learning about and using several energy-based coaching and self- techniques, including Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) or Tapping (collectively, the “Energy Techniques”). Energy Techniques is a shared term used to refer to a variety of mind-body approaches, energy methods, and other processes meant to promote health and well-being in mind, body, and spirit. The prevailing premise of the Energy Techniques is that the flow and balance of the body’s electromagnetic and more subtle energies are important for physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health, and for fostering well-being. Specifically, EFT looks at and seeks to address stressors and imbalances within an individual’s energy system, as well as the energetic influence of thoughts, beliefs, and emotions on the body. The theoretical basis of EFT is that the cause of all negative emotions is a disruption in the body’s energy system. It is believed that EFT helps clear these disruptions, thereby restoring the flow and balance of the body’s electromagnetic and more subtle energies. EFT uses the ancient Chinese meridian system with a gentle tapping procedure which stimulates designated meridian endpoints on the face and body while saying specific phrases and focusing on an issue in order to release and reframe the issue.
- Although the Energy Techniques appear to have promising physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual health benefits, and there is a growing amount of scientific research indicating that EFT meets the criteria to be considered an evidence-based technique for managing stress, they are considered outside traditional Western approaches to health and wellness and have yet to be fully researched by the Western academic, medical, and psychological communities. Therefore, the Energy Techniques may be considered experimental. Since the Energy Techniques are relatively new approaches and the extent of their effectiveness, as well as their risks and benefits, are not fully known, you agree to assume and accept full responsibility for any and all risks associated with participating in the Course.
- While the Facilitator is a retired Registered Nurse, you understand that she is only providing her services as the Facilitator for the Course. Therefore, you understand that participating in the Course does not create a nurse-patient relationship between you and the Facilitator and should not be relied upon for medical advice of any kind or nature whatsoever.
- You understand that any information presented in the Course is not intended to represent that it is to be used to diagnose, cure, or treat any medical condition, psychological disorder, or nutritional issue. Further, you understand the Course is not intended to be a substitute for seeking professional licensed health care advice or services and is intended solely for your own personal, non-commercial home use as an educational self-help program. In addition, you understand participating in the Course is not to be considered a recommendation that you stop seeing any of your licensed health care professionals or using prescribed medication, if any, without consulting with your licensed health care professional, even if after participating in the Course it appears and indicates that such medication or treatment is unnecessary.
- Although people report having positive experiences participating in the Course, please be advised it’s possible to experience emotional distress or physical discomfort which could be perceived as negative. It’s also possible to experience some emotional distress and/or physical discomfort related to stressful or upsetting experiences you may have had earlier in your life. If you inadvertently experience any emotional distress or physical discomfort participating in the Course, you are advised to notify the Facilitator and to seek the services of an appropriate health care professional.
- Due to the fact that the Course may include group processes such as Zoom video meetings, participants posting on the private Facebook page, in which you may voluntarily reveal personal information, you understand that you waive your rights of privacy and confidentiality with respect to other individuals participating in the Course or in the Facebook group with you. Also, you agree to keep private and confidential any personal information shared by other individuals participating in the Course with you.
- Because of the experimental nature of the Course, you agree and understand that the Facilitator cannot provide any guarantees or predictions regarding the outcome or the results you may experience from participating in the Course. While all links to other resources provided in the Course are offered in good faith, the accuracy, validity, effectiveness, completeness, or usefulness of any information in such resources, cannot be guaranteed. Further, you agree and understand that the Facilitator accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever for the use or misuse of the Course, including links to other resources. The Facilitator strongly advises that you seek professional advice as appropriate before making any health decision, including participating in the Course.
- The Materials presented during the Course and any other content made available during the Course are owned by the Facilitator and are protected by intellectual property and copyright laws. While as a participant in the Course, you may print a copy of the PDF documents such as recipes for your own personal use, you may not duplicate, screen grab, modify, post on Facebook or other social media sites, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, create derivative works from, distribute, display, or reproduce, or in any way exploit in any format whatsoever any of the Materials, including videos, or any other content presented in the Course without written permission from the Facilitator.
- You agree and understand there may be some components of the Course, such as live online Zoom video meetings will be video recorded for the purpose of making such video recordings of an online Zoom meeting available to download by participants not able to attend the live online Zoom meeting (collectively the “Course Recordings”). You agree and understand the Facilitator shall have all rights in and to the Course Recordings, including the copyrights therein. Further, you agree and understand that you grant to the Facilitator the right without compensation to you to film, photograph and/or record you while participating in any Course Recording and you waive any and all rights which you now have or may have hereafter in any Course Recording.
- You represent that you are competent and able to understand the nature and consequences of participating in the Course and that you are an adult under the laws of the province or state of your residence. Further, you acknowledge that you have carefully and completely read and fully understand all aspects of this Agreement. You agree and understand this Agreement is intended to be a complete unconditional release of liability and assumption of risk to the greatest extent permitted by law.
By participating in the Course, you knowingly, voluntarily, and intelligently assume all risks, including any adverse outcome that might result from your participation in the Course. For good and valuable consideration, the receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, you, your heir(s), and legal representative(s) agree to forever fully release, indemnify, and hold harmless, Christine Penner Polle, her employees, representatives, agents, independent contractors, consultants, volunteers from any and all claims or liability of whatsoever kind or nature, and for any damage or injury, including but not limited to, financial, legal, personal, emotional, psychological, physical, medical, or otherwise, which you may incur arising at any time as a result of your voluntary decision to participate in the Course.
Christine Penner Polle, DBA, Climate of Joy Online Course Participation Agreement, 2023